Ramadan Old Dubai Tour + Jumeirah Mosque
So it's summer in Dubai, and you've made the decision to fly over here for a few days to see what all this talk about 40°C+ weather is about (among other things). Well. We weren't kidding. Dubai's sunny skies will be here to welcome you with its wide and probably damp arms. But don't fret. The city is more than equipped to cool you off, especially with its many air-conditioned sights and facilities. So we might be walking around with Emirati hand-woven fans, but it'll be a breeze.
Once you answer my wake-up calls, we’ll start the day with a meet and greet outside one of Dubai’s most beautiful mosques to learn about the culture of the UAE and facets of the Islamic faith. This brief introduction will shed light on the lives of Emiratis as well as the religious practices that many carry out on a day-to-day basis and during Ramadan. Once we’ve all enjoyed that initiation, we'll drive to old Dubai and learn about the city's origins and its transformation throughout the sands of time. We'll learn about the leadership, the people, and the local traditions. We’ll pass by the souks where once upon a time, vendors were only known by their names so you would often find a buyer shouting out ‘ALI’ in search for his trusted vegetable vendor. There, you can practice your haggling skills and have the 'kteer ghalee' (very expensive) debate to score your best price.
- Price: The price per person, 12 y/o and above, is 400 Dirhams, (approx 109 USD). Payments are to be made in cash in person when we meet! Children, 11 y/o and below, are on the house (free of charge)!
- Duration: 4.5 hours. The tour starts at 9:30AM at the first stop.
- Number of wanderers: I can accommodate up to 12 wanderers in 1 tour.
- When: Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. During Ramadan, from May 27 to June 22, 2017.
- Where: The meeting point is at the parking lot of the Jumeirah Mosque. The farewell point is near the Al Fahidi Metro Station in Bur Dubai.
- Transportation: This tour does not include transportation from/to your hotel. Transportation will only be provided between 2 of the selected sights. If required, transportation can be arranged at an additional cost.
- Tour: 4.5 hours of wandering in Dubai's old streets, markets, museum and mosque. Includes admission fees to selected sights.
- Guide: A fantastic tour with a local guide who's happy to show you around the city and answer all your questions.
- Transportation: Hired transportation between the 1st and 2nd stops only.
- Haggling Tips: A few tips and tricks on how to haggle for your souvenirs.
- My 2 fils: From the time the wanderings are booked until the return home, I will be happy and available to provide any recommendations, my opinion, or general help for your stay here.
So. How do we do this? Simple. Follow the 3 steps below.
1. Check my availability on the calendar below for the Ramadan Old Dubai Tour + Jumeirah Mosque.
2. Book your tour using the form below. Complete all the fields in the form and press Submit.
3. You'll receive a confirmation email and a somewhat vague itinerary. In efforts to keep you on your toes, I'll give you a brief overview and the important bits you need to know about where and when we meet. Also, please remember to bring a valid form of ID with you. Can't wait to wander with you!
For more info about the city during the holy month of Ramadan, read my Ramadan Essentials!
If you'd like to opt for a cosier private tour, check out my Private Tours!