Ramadan Old Dubai Cultural Tour + Jumeirah Mosque
Once you answer my wake-up calls, we’ll start the day with a meet and greet outside one of Dubai’s most beautiful mosques to learn about the culture of the UAE and facets of the Islamic faith. This brief introduction will shed light on the lives of Emiratis as well as the religious practices that many carry out on a day-to-day basis and during Ramadan. Once we’ve all enjoyed that initiation, we'll drive to old Dubai and learn about the city's origins and its transformation throughout the sands of time. We'll learn about the leadership, the people, and the local traditions. We’ll pass by the souks where once upon a time, vendors were only known by their names so you would often find a buyer shouting out ‘ALI’ in search for his trusted vegetable vendor. There, you can practice your haggling skills and have the 'kteer ghalee' (very expensive) debate to score your best price.
- Price: The price per person, 12 y/o and above, is 376 Dirhams. Children, 11 y/o and below, are on the house (free of charge)!
- Duration: Approx. 4 hours 15 minutes. This duration doesn't include travel time. Start time: 9:45AM. Late-comers will not be allowed to enter the mosque past 10AM so pretty please be there on time!
- Number of wanderers: I can accommodate up to 12 wanderers in 1 tour. (Have a bigger group or corporate event? Let me know here!)
- When: On select days of the week during the month of Ramadan (Expected between May 17 and June 16 2018). Please check available dates using the 'Buy Tickets' button below.
- Transportation: This tour only includes hired car transportation from the Jumeirah Mosque to the old city. It does not include transportation from/to the hotel. I will provide you with detailed steps on how to get there and out easily and inexpensively by metro or cab.
- Refunds and Exchanges Policy: Please review in full here.
- Tour: 4.25 hours of wandering in Dubai's Jumeirah Mosque, old streets and markets. Includes admission fees to selected sights.
- Guide: A fantastic tour with a local guide who's happy to show you around the city and answer all your questions.
- Meals: Not included as this tour is conducted during the month of Ramadan. I will definitely factor in stops so you can drink water and stay hydrated!
- Haggling Tips: A few tips and tricks on how to haggle for your souvenirs.
- My 2 fils: From the time of booking until the return home, I will be happy and available to provide any recommendations or general help for your stay here.