Ramadan Old Dubai Tour
So it's summer in Dubai, and you've made the decision to fly over here for a few days to see what all this talk about 40°C+ weather is about (among other things). Well. We weren't kidding. Dubai's sunny skies will be here to welcome you with its wide and probably damp arms. But don't fret. The city is more than equipped to cool you off, especially with its many air-conditioned sights and facilities. So we might be walking around with Emirati hand-woven fans, but it'll be a breeze.
Once you answer my wake-up calls, we’ll start the day by learning about the city's origins and its transformation throughout the sands of time. We'll learn about the leadership, the people, and the local traditions. We’ll pass by the souks where once upon a time, vendors were only known by their names so you would often find a buyer shouting out ‘ALI’ in search for his trusted vegetable vendor. There, you can practice your haggling skills and have the 'kteer ghalee' (very expensive) debate to score your best price.
We'll also hop on a traditional abra boat and cross over to the other side of Dubai. Finally, I'll let you in on Dubai's secret recipe for success (Hint: it's not the oil).
- Price: The price per person, 12 y/o and above, is 295 Dirhams, (approx 80 USD). Payments are to be made in cash in person when we meet! Children, 11 y/o and below, are on the house (free of charge)!
- Duration: 3 hours. This duration doesn't include travel time. Morning Tour: 11AM.
- Number of wanderers: I can accommodate up to 12 wanderers in 1 tour.
- When: Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays. During Ramadan, from May 27 to June 22, 2017.
- Where: The meeting point is the Al Ras Metro Station, Entrance #2 in Deira. The farewell point is near the Al Fahidi Metro Station in Bur Dubai.
- Transportation: This tour does not include transportation from/to the hotel. I will provide you with detailed steps on how to get there and out easily and inexpensively by metro or cab.
- Tour: 3 hours of wandering in Dubai's old streets and markets. Includes admission fees to selected sights.
- Guide: A fantastic tour with a local guide who's happy to show you around the city and answer all your questions.
- Haggling Tips: A few tips and tricks on how to haggle for your souvenirs.
- My 2 fils: From the time the wanderings are booked until the return home, I will be happy and available to provide any recommendations, my opinion, or general help for your stay here.
So. How do we do this? Simple. Follow the 3 steps below.
1. Check my availability on the calendar below for the Ramadan Old Dubai Tour.
2. Book your tour using the form below. Complete all the fields in the form and press Submit.
3. You'll receive a confirmation email and a somewhat vague itinerary. In efforts to keep you on your toes, I'll give you a brief overview and the important bits you need to know about where and when we meet. Also, please remember to bring a valid form of ID with you. Can't wait to wander with you!
For more info about the city during the holy month of Ramadan, read my Ramadan Essentials!
If you'd like to opt for a cosier tour, check out my Private Tours!