The Falconry Tour
Once you answer my wake-up calls, we’ll start the day by learning about a few very special friends to the Emirati bedouins, the prized falcons, hawks, and eagles. We will enjoy a wanderful interactive experience with the impressive fliers, and learn more about the birds, their skills, and personalities. Once we graduate from our Falconry 101 induction, we shall cross over to the other side of Dubai in a traditional abra boat, and then continue to march (not literally, just light walking involved) the streets of old Dubai stopping by a few enchanting sights and witnessing the city’s dynamic history woven by its people. We’ll pass by the souks where once upon a time, vendors were only known by their names so you would often find a buyer shouting out ‘ALI’ in search for his trusted vegetable vendor. There, you can practice your haggling skills and have the 'kteer ghalee' (very expensive) debate to score your best price. Once we check off all items on your souvenir and friends' shopping lists, we'll time-travel to Dubai's younger years and learn just how its citizens, both men and women, have contributed to the city's growth and witnessed its rise from sand to stardom.
- Price: The price per person, 12 y/o and above, is 415 Dirhams, (approx 113 USD). For children 11 years and below, the price is 100 Dirhams, which is equivalent to 30 USD. Payments are to be made in cash in person when we meet!
- Duration: 4 hours. This duration doesn't include travel time. Morning Tour: Starts at 10AM.
- Number of wanderers: I can accommodate up to 12 wanderers in 1 tour.
- When: Anytime of the year when walking is still an option. Fridays excluded (that's the holy day and some places are closed).
- Where: The meeting point is the Al Ghubaiba Metro Station in Bur Dubai. The farewell point is near the Al Ras Metro Station in Deira.
- Transportation: This tour does not include transportation from/to the hotel. I will provide you with detailed steps on how to get there and out easily and inexpensively by metro or cab.
- Tour: 4 hours of wandering in Dubai's old streets and markets. Includes admission fees to selected sights.
- Guide: A fantastic tour with a local guide who's happy to show you around the city and answer all your questions.
- Haggling Tips: A few tips and tricks on how to haggle for your souvenirs.
- My 2 fils: From the time the wanderings are booked until the return home, I will be happy and available to provide any recommendations, my opinion, or general help for your stay here.
So. How do we do this? Simple. Follow the 3 steps below.
1. Check my availability on the calendar below for The Falconry Tour.
2. Book your tour using the form below. Complete all the fields in the form and press Submit.
3. You'll receive a confirmation email and a somewhat vague itinerary. In efforts to keep you on your toes, I'll give you a brief overview and the important bits you need to know about where and when we meet. Also, please remember to bring a valid form of ID with you. Can't wait to wander with you!
If you'd like to opt for a cosier tour, check out my Private Tours!