The Falconry Tour
Once you answer my wake-up calls, we’ll start the day by learning about a few very special friends to the Emirati bedouins, the prized falcons, hawks, and eagles. We will enjoy a wanderful interactive experience with the impressive fliers, and learn more about the birds, their skills, and personalities. Once we graduate from our Falconry 101 induction, we shall cross over to the other side of Dubai in a traditional abra boat, and then continue to march (not literally, just light walking involved) the streets of old Dubai stopping by a few enchanting sights and witnessing the city’s dynamic history woven by its people. We’ll pass by the souks where once upon a time, vendors were only known by their names so you would often find a buyer shouting out ‘ALI’ in search for his trusted vegetable vendor. There, you can practice your haggling skills and have the 'kteer ghalee' (very expensive) debate to score your best price. Once we check off all items on your souvenir and friends' shopping lists, we'll time-travel to Dubai's younger years and learn just how its citizens, both men and women, have contributed to the city's growth and witnessed its rise from sand to stardom.
- Price: The price per person, 12 y/o and above, is 430 Dirhams. For children 11 years and below, the price is 107 Dirhams.
- Duration: 4 hours. This duration doesn't include travel time. Morning Tour: Starts at 10AM.
- Number of wanderers: I can accommodate up to 12 wanderers in 1 tour. (Have a bigger group or corporate event? Let me know here!)
- When: Depends on whenever you're in town! This tour is on request so drop me a quick note here and we can set a date!
- Where: The meeting point is the Al Ghubaiba Metro Station in Bur Dubai. The farewell point is near the Al Ras Metro Station in Deira.
- Transportation: This tour does not include transportation from/to the hotel. I will provide you with detailed steps on how to get there and out easily and inexpensively by metro or cab.
- Refunds and Exchanges Policy: Please review in full here.
- Tour: 4 hours of wandering in Dubai's old streets and markets. Includes admission fees to selected sights.
- Guide: A fantastic tour with a local guide who's happy to show you around the city and answer all your questions.
- Haggling Tips: A few tips and tricks on how to haggle for your souvenirs.
- My 2 fils: From the time the wanderings are booked until the return home, I will be happy and available to provide any recommendations, my opinion, or general help for your stay here.